Many companies find difficulties in synchronizing the data related to the company and getting out a reliable and efficient data out of it. Every organization hopes to achieve this. The flow of information across various business units should be smooth and reliable.
For example, the sales unit should be aware of how many products are there in the inventory and the inventory department should be aware of how much products are in the middle of manufacturing and the manufacturing unit should be aware of the raw materials available for further manufacturing. If these data are properly communicated, then the productivity of the company can be increased to a huge level.
Synchronizing the information is of most important to manufacturing company because every part of their business units requires communication with the other part. In order to achieve this synchronicity usage of Enterprise resource planning software is necessary. Enterprise resource planning software is designed specifically to integrate all data available across the company and produce meaningful result from the data. Every data is collected and integrated into a unified system.
Though enterprise resource planning is an integrated system, it requires many software and hardware modules for its functionality. If the requirements posed by the vendors who provide enterprise resource planning software are successfully met the company, then the ERP system implementation should be successful. There are a very few challenges involved in the ERP implementation. If those hurdles are crossed and if the ERP system in is installed successfully, then it is definitely going to serve the company in raising the productivity to a high level.
Here are some of the benefits which the enterprise resource planning software gives to its clients specifically to the manufacturing companies:
1. Integrated service – ERP systems helps in integrating the data and providing synchronized service to its users.
2. ERP systems require feeding of data only once. When data is fed to one of the systems, then it gets automatically populated to every part of the software in no time.
3. The amount of paper work required is reduced to a huge amount. There is no need to keep loads of records in paper to keep track of the company’s performance. There are lots of applications and customizations available with the tool itself which could produce reports with a single click.
4. The inventory cycle time can be reduced to a huge level. The inventory cycle is the time taken for the product to get fully manufactured and delivered to the customer. Reduction in inventory cycle time means increase in the production. With this, the satisfaction level of the customer gets improved and also attracts more customers.
5. Labor costs are reduced to a considerable amount of time. With the availability of data in real time managing employees and managing real time production data can be in control.
6. Production time can be decreased with the usage of enterprise resource planning software. It helps in eliminating repetitive process and helps in breaking down the production time.
These benefits over takes some of the minor disadvantages of the ERP software and because of this reason many companies opt for enterprise resource planning rather than any other methods.